Take Flight, Top Gun-style on April 20
Pathways to Aviation and the University of Nevada, Reno are teaming up to host an extraordinary evening of aviation and aerospace amazement. Join us on April 20 at UNR’s Joe Crowley Student Union to capture the true essence of producing the hit movie, TOP GUN: Maverick.
Meet US Navy pilots as well as advisors from the movie as they share their experiences surrounding this awe inspiring film.
- Aviation Industry Exhibit (5:00pm-6:15pm) – Aviation companies, industry leaders, job seekers, and students will assemble in the ballroom to learn more about the industry, find out about great jobs and internships, and discuss ways to land great jobs.
- Top Gun Presentation (6:30pm-8:00pm) – US Navy pilots and special guests involved in the production will describe scenes from the movie and field questions from the audience.
We’ve recruited a stellar crew of aviation dynamos who will describe their experiences on the set and in the air!
- Captain Brian “Ferg” Ferguson – Navy’s technical advisor for TOP GUN: Maverick
- Commander Rick “Dick” Burns – US Navy Fighter Pilot, Director of Future Operations at Tactical Air Support
- Lieutenant Commander Greg “Big Bang” Meisinger – US Navy Fighter Pilot, First Officer at American Airlines
- Commander (Ret) Chad “Coochie” Mingo – Navy F-14 technical advisor for TOP GUN: Maverick, US Navy Fighter Pilot, First Officer at American Airlines
- Captain (Ret) Jim “Guido” Dimatteo – US Navy Fighter Pilot, Former Red Bull Air Races Director
- Commander Rebecca “Sam” Calder – US Navy Fighter Pilot, First Female TOP GUN pilot graduate
Click the flyer to download, print, post, and share!