DeVore Freedom of Flight Scholarship
June 30 - July 1
The DeVore Freedom of Flight Scholarship offers college students an opportunity for initial flight training at schools with FAA Part 141 flight schools.
The Freedom of Flight Scholarship was established to honor Dr. DeVore for his contributions to aviation at the local and national levels. His interests have been in promoting aviation education for our youth and providing them with opportunities to enter into dynamic and rewarding careers in aviation. In September 2001, Dr. DeVore completed a solo flight in a single-engine aircraft that circumnavigated the contiguous 48 states; landing at 40 airports in 36 states to promote aviation scholarships.
Award Amount: $1,000
At least one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded annually.
Deadline: June 30, 2022
1. Open to students entering undergraduate students in a collegiate aviation program entering Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or graduate program.
2. Must be admitted, and must be enrolled at the time the award is dispersed, to a University Aviation Association member institution with a Part 141 approved program. Community college and university applicants are encouraged.
3. Must be admitted to, and undertaking, an aviation-related major.
4. A minimum of 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale.
5. Essay demonstrating a love of aviation and a commitment to flight training (250-750 words).
6. Extracurricular involvement/community involvement may be considered.
7. Recommendation letter from a faculty member from a UAA member institution supporting the candidate’s application for this scholarship. Students entering a collegiate Part 141 program as a Freshman may use letters from other sources.
2022 Winners will be announced at the UAA’s Annual Collegiate Aviation Conference & Expo to be held October 4-7, 2022 in Colorado Springs, CO.
Any questions, contact Laura Swanson at 901-563-0505 or email@example.com.