- This event has passed.
EAA Flight Training Scholarships
November 1, 2021 - November 2, 2021
Dreaming of becoming a pilot or getting an additional rating? EAA can help your aviation dreams become a reality.
EAA’s scholarships are supported by dozens of donors, benefactors, and others who “pass it forward” by endowing these programs. In all, EAA awards more than $1 million in aviation scholarship money via various programs each year.
All applications are reviewed against the criteria for the individual grants and then awarded to those who show the greatest potential to be actively engaged in aviation.
Visit the EAA scholarships page for the current open scholarships cycles.
EAA strives to provide scholarships that have a minimum award of $5,000. Awards are made up of the following funds:
- Air Academy Alumni Scholarship
- John S. Bradbury Memorial Scholarship
- Wilson “Tex” Edwards Memorial Scholarship
- Noah Favaregh Scholarship
- Florence “Coffy” Gregory Scholarship
- Richard R. Harper Memorial Scholarship
- Jason Kurt Lohr Aviation Scholarship
- Heather McRoberts Memorial Scholarship*
- Tinker Murdock Family Scholarship
- Matthew Platt Scholarship
- Elgin Wells Jr. Starjammer CFI Scholarship
- United Airlines Flight Operations Pilot Scholarship**
*For more information, visit the EAA GirlVenture Camp page.
Additional Details and FAQ’s
Flight training scholarships may be used at any flight school in the United States and Canada that is not a university program.
A student at any point in training may apply for a flight training scholarship.
Flight training scholarships must be used within one year from the date of award. Since you have to use the funds within one year of award, you must be eligible for the flight training process. There are no other age requirements.
You do not need to be a current EAA member.
Once the scholarship application cycle opens, which is noted on our website, the application is available to read and complete. Please see www.eaa.org/scholarships for information on cycle dates.
Applications close at 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on November 1, 2021. Scholarships will be awarded by the end of November 2021.