Monterey Bay Ninety-Nines Scholarship
December 30 - December 31
The Monterey Bay chapter of The Ninety-Nines International Organization of Women Pilots is offering one $2000 scholarship to a local woman. It is either to be used by the recipient to obtain her private pilot license or to obtain an advanced rating to further her pursuit of a career in aviation.
- The Student applicant must be in good health and not dependent on medication or have any other disqualifying condition. The Advanced applicant must have a current medical certificate, appropriate to the rating she seeks.
- The applicant must live in Santa Cruz or Monterey County.
- If the applicant is already a licensed pilot, she must have completed any necessary written exams, have a current flight review or equivalent, and have all ratings prerequisite to the rating she seeks before money is awarded, but not necessarily before application. Otherwise, she must have completed the private written exam before money is awarded, but not necessarily before application.
- The applicant, if less than 18 years of age, may elect to use the scholarship for ground school instruction expenses or have the money held until she is 18 years of age for flight instruction expenses.
- If not already a licensed pilot, applicant must be proficient in English.
- The applicant must demonstrate a financial need for the scholarship.
- Applications must be postmarked by the application deadline, December 30th of current year.
The application form is available in Adobe’s PDF format. Click here to download it.