- This event has passed.
Petaluma Area Pilots Association Scholarship
April 15 - April 16
- The Petaluma Area Pilot’s Association is offering a scholarship for aviation related studies. Awarded funds can be applied to ground school, flight training, A&P training programs, aeronautical engineering courses, etc.
- Scholarship applicants must be pursuing a career in aviation.
- The amount of funds available every year varies and is determined by the association’s executive board.
- April 15—DEADLINE to POSTMARK application.
- NOTE: Interviews Dates will be determined/announced.
- June—scholarship is awarded.
Who can apply:
- High school or college students (full or part-time) who reside in Sonoma or Marin counties, or whose parents reside in those counties.
- Full-time students must have a 2.5 grade point average for the last two years of their education.
How to apply:
- Download the application form on the next page by clicking this link; then click on the file “Scholarship Application rev2 : https://papapetaluma.org/PAPA Scholarship Application rev2/
- When completing the application, please print carefully. Applications which are illegible to the committee, or are not complete, will not be considered.
- Along with a completed application, applicants shall furnish the following:
- A 500 word typed essay outlining the applicant’s plans for a career in aviation and some background about their interest in aviation.
- Official transcripts
- The name of the educational institution or flight school to which funds, if awarded, would be directed on their behalf.
- Application, transcripts, and essay shall be postmarked by April 15 and mailed to:
Petaluma Area Pilots Association
601 Sky Ranch Drive
Petaluma, CA 94945
- Applicants shall attend a personal interview with the scholarship committee at a time and place of mutual agreement.