- This event has passed.
Port Authority of NY & NJ 2022 Leadership Fellow Program
October 22, 2021 - October 23, 2021
The Port Authority of NY & NJ is looking for career-minded individuals with a passion and commitment to public service to join our distinguished rotational program for graduate students who expect to receive their degree in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022. This is your chance to join the Port Authority as we connect the region in new ways for generations to come.
If you have ever flown out of JFK, biked across the George Washington Bridge, or captured that perfect picture of the World Trade Center, then you have witnessed just some of what the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey does. We run some of the busiest and most critical transportation facilities in New York-New Jersey metropolitan region. It takes a dedicated team of over a thousand men and women to operate these facilities safely, efficiently, and with a high standard of customer service. Our nearly 8,000 employees are committed to the work they do – work that moves millions of people and supports billions of dollars in economic activity each year.
About the Program:
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey’s Leadership Fellows Program is a distinguished program for graduate students who expect to receive their degree in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
- The Leadership Fellows Program is a two-year rotational program that offers on-the-job experience in approximately four different business functions. Leadership Fellows have an opportunity to explore many different areas such as operations, finance, transportation, sustainability, etc. The Leadership Fellows Program is designed to build a strong foundation of business acumen, adaptability, and knowledge of the Port Authority as a whole.
- Past Leadership Fellows have contributed to key regional capital programs, learned the nuts and bolts of policy development, and managed the challenges of daily operations at our transportation facilities. The breadth and depth of these experiences are critical in preparing Leadership Fellows to be future leaders within the agency.
- Leadership Fellows are presented with a variety of developmental opportunities that range from one-on-one coaching to structured mentoring and various targeted training programs.
- After successful completion of the program, Leadership Fellows will be considered for key positions in areas such as policy analysis, finance, capital programs, operations, or related business functions.