San Luis Obispo Ninety-Nines Scholarship
October 15 - October 16
The San Luis Obispo Co. Chapter of the Ninety-Nines, International Organization of
Women Pilots, is awarding scholarships to San Luis Obispo County women interested in becoming
pilots. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist with obtaining a Sport Pilot, Recreational Pilot,
Private Pilot, or other advanced certificate or rating.
- Applicant must be a woman at least 17 years of age.
- Applicant must be a resident of San Luis Obispo County or a member of the San Luis
- Applicant must have accumulated at least 10 hours toward the certificate or rating for which
she is training, of which a minimum of 3 hours must have been logged within the past three
- Applicant must hold a current medical certificate as appropriate to the rating or certificate
for which she is training.
- The application must be completed in full. Use the attached application form.
- Applicant must meet eligibility requirements. The San Luis Obispo Co. Ninety-Nines Scholarship Committee will make verification of eligibility.
- Applications must be submitted and received no later than the stated due date by mail or email as shown on the application form.
- A selection committee made up of three members of the San Luis Obispo Ninety-Nines and one outside judge will review scholarship applications. Judging criteria will include:
Aviation activities as described by the applicant and by recommendations.
Commitment to the local aviation community as described by the applicant
Ability to meet planned goals, as shown by recommendation and past flying activity