The growing interest in young people wishing to enter the aviation workforce sparked the creation of a new career readiness program. The program will provide career planning and mentoring guidance to high school and college students.
The Nevada Aviation Careers Program provides career development resources to high school and college students interested in pursuing careers in the aviation industry. The program provides guidance and connections to those expressing interest in aviation careers.
Students will be immersed in a structured program to guide through the career development spectrum, highlighted by:
- Interviewing students to understand career interests, skills and characteristics
- Reviewing and developing resumes;
- Matching with aviation experts, who are enlisting to provide mentoring guidance;
- Conducting career planning workshops;
- Hosting speaking engagements presented by aviation experts;
- Introducing to employment recruiters seeking career-ready talent;
- Conducting mock and practice interviews; and,
- Providing professional references for scholarships, college admissions, and job applications.
Every step of the process is tracked. The Pathways to Aviation donor database provides intuitive prospect management capabilities, which enables us to track event attendance, activity and class participation, student resumes and career interests, mentor profiles, mentor-to-mentee relationships and contact management, and job/internship endorsements. In fact, each action taken accrues points, which serve as an immediate indicator of interest and engagement.
Pathways to Aviation staff will regularly contact each student and mentor to track interaction, as well as answer questions and provide support.
This is the first year of this program. As such, we’re limiting the program to 25 students. There’s no cost to students to apply for or participate in the program. Students interested in participating in the program must complete an online interest form.