- This event has passed.
Bay Cities 99s Pilot Training Scholarship
April 11 - April 12
The Bay Cities chapter of the Ninety-Nines is proud to announce our 2021 scholarship to provide funding toward flight training, materials, ground school, and exams. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide monetary assistance to a woman working on any certificate, rating, or endorsement.
Scholarship award amounts of up to $4000 will be determined by our scholarship committee based on the needs of selected applicants.
Please see below for the application deadline, eligibility, and the application form.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age by April 11, 2021.
- Applicants must be eligible for a private pilot or sport pilot license within the USA, or already hold at least a PPL.
- Applicants must hold a current medical certificate, and a student pilot certificate or PPL.
- Student pilots must have logged at least five hours of flight time and/or logged ground instruction, with a flight instructor, within the last six months.
- Applicants do not need to be a member of the 99s.
- Applicants must reside within California, north of the Clovis CZQ VOR 075/255 radials.
- Foreflight will be used for address eligibility verification if needed.
- This scholarship is for reimbursement of flight training supplies and expenses incurred after the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Please keep in mind that your application is a reflection of you. Neatness, following directions to the letter, and application presentation all matter.
- Applicants may be asked to participate in a phone interview with the scholarship committee.
- Funds must be claimed within one year of the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Original receipts will be required for reimbursement and must be signed by both the scholarship winner and her CFI.
- The scholarship committee will notify all applicants of our decisions by May 9, 2021.