The 2016 calendar year has been the most incredible year in the history of the Reno Air Racing Foundation, now doing business as Pathways to Aviation.
One of our key goals for 2016 was to encourage people to “Join Our Crew.” The theme was embedded in our materials, promotions, and programs. While we had lofty hopes, we had no idea just how much of a difference this theme would have on the organization.
Here’s a brief list of the many accomplishments recognized over the past 12 months.
- Highest volunteer activity in organization history.
- Double the number of supporters, as compared to 2015.
- Broke the previous record in Facebook reach.
- Set a new record in Twitter impressions.
- Expanded outreach to Las Vegas, thanks due to strong relationship with GRADD and NVBAA.
- Presented classes and workshops to over 5,000 students…another record.
- Directly impacted students residing in Nevada, California, and Utah.
- Greatest attendance in Speakers’ Forum history.
- Spoke at multiple career days.
- Created valuable partnerships with aviation businesses and associations.
- Recruited an initial batch of students to our newly created Nevada Aviation Careers initiative.
- Awarded more students with tuition assistance scholarship funds.
- Highest media presence in history – television, radio, local newspapers, and trade magazines.
- Created a job board, featuring great employment opportunities.
- Welcomed over 25,000 patrons to our expanded Aviation Learning Center at the Reno Air Races.
We’re extremely thankful for the many volunteers and charitable supporters, who believed in our mission and vision.
Thank you, very much, for Joining Our Crew!